Friday 3 August 2007

Friday poetry


I drive as fast as the wind blows,
to office every day.
The cops have missed me every time,
I haven’t had to pay.

Sit on my desk, coffee in hand,
Greet everyone around.
I crack a joke, or maybe two,
The girls think I’m a clown.

Before too long it’s clear to see,
There’s lots of shit to do.
Roll up those sleeves and get to work,
Without further ado.

Between the phone calls and the tasks,
It’s time to have a snack,
Another coffee, maybe a scone,
Cutting the staff some slack.

Phone calls, more tasks and then some more,
Back to the crazy run,
Peak at the clock and realise,
Crap! It is only one!

The time flies by and people leave,
They are all heading home,
I’m still around, and will be more,
They’ve left me all alone.

It’s closing nine, more crap appears,
From almost everywhere,
It’s Friday night, I’m going home,
I really do not care!

13 comments:

Blur Ting said...

Woo hoo1 What do we have here? Another funny poem! Nice one Epi. Now we know what goes on in your office!

The Real Mother Hen said...

Oh Epi hang in there. Honestly hope that I can cheer you up!

Anonymous said...

I'm feelin' it. Even through the light-hearted verse I can hear your pain dude! Sending beer your way. :)

Epimenides said...

Ting, I thank you for your kind words1 :)

Mother hen, I'm actually quite ok! I don't expect any sort of appreciation from them, but I feel happy with myself for doing my work (and others)and helping my staff! I guess it's a pride thing. Nobody will have cause to speak bad about my work!!! :)

David, send over a crate or two! I have the whole weekend off and it's time to enjoy!!! :)

Anonymous said...

hope youre having a good weekend there epi....just starting right?

Unknown said...

Hey... here's hoping the weekend really really rocks!!!

Pri said...

nice.
the first 4 lines are especially true for me.

Amel said...

NICE one...and it really suits your situation as well. Good thing you decided to come home anyway. It's crazy to be stuck there at the office till late at night over and over again. YARGH!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope your weekend more than made up for the week!! :)

Rebecca said...

Hi, Epi. Hope you had a very good weekend!

Michelle said...

I love the poem. :-D

Epimenides said...

jyankee, I saw your comment on Monday night! My weekend involved a lot of Zzzz's and relaxation! :)

Thanks random! In a sort of lazy way, it did rock! I needed the rest!!! :)

Hi there pri! Oh! We have another speed limit breaking driver there do we? ;)

Amel, this week started in the same tone like the previous one. It seems it's going to be like this for at least a month! We can only hope... :)

Always kind hollygl! It actually did! Thank you ! :)

Hi rebecca! Lots of sleeping and sitting about involved. It was worth it though!! :)

Thank you michelle! The always creative goat aquarian, I guess! ;)

Amel said...

Yeah, hope is a BEAUTIFUL thing...let's hope that everything'll be better still...one day at a time. :-))))